Knights of the Pain Table

A Camelot for Sufferers of Chronic Pain

Knight's Code of Honor at Camelot

Knight’s Code of honor at Camelot

To fight the war of pain is entering an abyss of “hell”, as chronic pain is ruthless.  Severe chronic pain has no boundaries or mercy.  To survive, the warrior must endure great suffering, which removes all of their humanity piece by piece.  But if we give up who we are, in order to survive, we will find it hard to find our way back from this war.

Many great warriors in the past created a warrior’s code that allowed them to maintain in internal sense of dignity and respect for themselves.  These demanding codes of honor held the warrior to a higher standard than that of others. It defined how the warrior should treat his fellow warriors, fellow citizens and creatures and most of all, his enemy. The warrior must restore honor to the enemy, otherwise they might succumb to the insanity of war.  The code is a type of armour that protects the warrior’s humanity, as it is so easy to get so very lost in the red mists of war.  A Knight lives these virtues in the heart, as suffering can be the greatest teacher in the world.

And now, as a scribe of the Court, I shall read the Knight’s Code of Camelot, which is kept alive in the hearts of each Knight.

Knight’s Code of Honor for Camelot

• Courage of the Heart

To attempt to never lay down arms even when the foe is merciless.

To know when to surrender.

• Faith

A Knight must see into the heart and know that the edge of the cliff may hold wings.

To know they are never really alone.

• Mercy

To feel the touch of tears.

To show kindly forbearance toward any person or creature, that are in one’s power, for a Knight has had to live at the mercy of pain.

Using discretionary power, to show compassion with attitudes and words even to one’s offender, especially those who do not understand.

• Nobility

To uphold nobleness of mind, character or spirit at all times.

To remember even when alone that one has the virtues and duties of a Knight.

• Humility

To make meek one’s heart and be courteously respectful to all.

• Generosity

To give in any manner without the thought of return.

To have the wisdom to see that to give to another is to give to one’s self for all are connected.

• Hope

When one cannot see in the forest, the heart feels the cadence of the voice in the dark, and with bravery the Knight follows in silence.

In times of great distress, to see the droplet of light in a bucket of sorrow, and weave that into one’s armour with cheerfulness.

• Justice

To be fair and not judge others.  A Knight knows that to falter is human and to hold out a hand sometimes will strengthen the weak.

• Loyalty

To be faithful to one’s self.

To do no harm to one’s fellow Knights.

Remember,  Camelot will be your protector in times of distress.

Today begins the first of many adventures of the Knights of the Pain Table.

I shall serve you truly,

Lady Sharon

About The Author

Comments

8 Responses to “Knight's Code of Honor at Camelot”

1. vickie moore says:

I’ve suffered with rsd for 14 yrs now. Your code is one God has put in my heart a few yrs after I was diagnoused with it. God has been the best anti-deprent there is. Its been hard for my husband to understand until I made him go to my Drs. appointments. He now knows the fight I’m up against. Finding your site & reading it has lifted me up. Thank everyone so much.

2. Lady Sharon says:

Dear Lady Vickie,

Your words doth lift me up. It does mean a great deal to know that you found some comfort in this Kingdom of Camelot. You have suffered for a long time. You are wise to be patient and help those who do not understand. Your battle is invisible except for the wounds inflicted in the battle. If you have pain for a long time one learns to cover it up in front of others, but the Dark Knight is always there.

You have great courage dear Knight, and I admire your decision to to follow the “Knight’s Code of Honor”. King Arthur is honored to have you sit at the Pain Table.

Please remember in the dark of night, you will always have a Knight by your side. You will not ride alone Lady Vickie.

God Bless,

Lady Sharon

3. Lady Sharon says:

Hey Anonymous,

We thinketh that your report will be awesome, cause you seem to get the coolness of Knights. They were buck in their day.

You are most welcome and you are always welcome at Camelot. You can always find us in the Middle Ages Yellow Pages.

Rock on Anonymous,

Lady Sharon
    Scribe and Knight of Pain

4. Lady Sharon says:

Dear Anonymous,

Thou are kind to share your thankfulness. Bravo to you for working hard on your paper. Chivalry is a fascinating subject, so we pray it all goes well.

I pray thee peace,

Lady Sharon
    Scribe of Camelot

5. Mary Kittin says:

Hey that was great writting Lady Sharon.

6. Devin says:

I love this site and what it has. I play a online chat based rpg based on Camelot. I implore you to check it out as we are few in number. It takes place in the days of Olde and I believe you all will like it. Have fun hope to see you there. I play a knight form the white mountains in camelot named Torac.

7. Lady Sharon says:

Good Tidings Sir Torac,

Methinks this sounds like a smashing idea. At this time however, my computer is out of sorts so I cannot travel anywhere except by horse. Perhaps one day when the monks have found a way to fix my computer, I shall then be able to visit thee in the white mountains. I thank thee for the invitation. It is an honour to meet thee Sir Torac. Till we meet again….Lady Sharon

8. Lady Sharon says:

The fire in one’s herte can add a spark of light to something that may be in the dark or shaded from view. Passion gives light and life and allows us to see possibilities and dreams. Without it, we may not find the courage to carry on.

Enthusiasm can carry us over doubts and act as a bridge for our fellow travelers. We should protect the fire in our hertes for it is precious and be grateful for this gift.

Thank you for this poignant quote by Og Mandino. I remember fondly reading his book ” The Greatest Salesman in the World”, which has inspired many.