Knights of the Pain Table

A Camelot for Sufferers of Chronic Pain

New Tiny Pneumatic Drill (Crosser) to Open Blocked Arteries by Vibration

Untitled Document

Blocked Arteries Helped by the Crosser

Blockages in arteries are a cause of great concern. When an artery becomes totally obstructed it is called a "Chronic Total Occlusion". They can be found in patients with heart disease triggering chest pain and angina. Or they can occur in the legs and in some cases lead to amputation if blood flow is impaired.

Patients may be treated with medication or bypass surgery. Another treatment involves inserting a wire into the artery and pushing it slowly through the blockage, but the wire may tear the artery accidentally.

Researchers, however, have been conducting trials on a new exciting method to treat blocked arteries. A tiny vibrating device, less than one millimetre wide, that acts like a mini pneumatic drill, produces vibrations that break apart the blockage in the artery, allowing them to be flushed out of the bloodstream. The tool, called the "Crosser Catheter," helped patients trials that had not responded to other treatments.

The high-frequency vibration of the tool creates mirco-bubbles in the surrounding fluid of blood and saline. These bubbles expand and implode producing liquid jets that help to chip away at the surface. One study from the University of Catania, Italy, used the device on 46 patients, with 39 being treated successfully. These results are very encouraging. The manufacturers reported that if further tests were successful, the device would become more widely available. We hope the findings will support further distribution, so many can be saved from much pain and agony.

Lady Sharon
Scribe of Camelot

Source: The Daily Mail

About The Author

Comments

6 Responses to “New Tiny Pneumatic Drill (Crosser) to Open Blocked Arteries by Vibration”

1. tony rambini says:

HI THERE IM QUITE EXCITED TO HEAR ABOUT THIS NEW ARTEREY UNBLOCKER BOTH MYLEGS HAVE BLOCKED PARTS IN THE GROIN AREA I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO WALK MORE DISTANCE THAN I DO HOW DO I GET THIS TREATMENT NHS OR PRIVATE CAN U GIVE ME A NUMBER TO RING OR DO I HAVE TO CONSULT MY DOC I HAVE ALL READY BEEN TO A CONSULTANT WHO DIAGNOSED MY BLOCKED ARTEREYS BUT THAT WAS 4 YEARS AGO SO THIS BREAKTHOUGH SOUNDS FAB SO IF U CAN HELP RING ME ON 01217881876OR EMAIL ME AT ACRAMBO@VIRGINMEDIA.COM THANKYOU TONY RAMBINI

2. Lady Sharon says:

Wilcume Tony to Camelot,

I have sent you an email with information that I hope may prove useful to you. This breakthrough is wonderful and I believe once it becomes available in the mainstream area of medicine it shall help many who are suffering. If you did not receive my email please let me know. You have the good wishes of Camelot on your journey to recovering your health. Take good care and thank you for riding by.

Faithfully Yours,

Lady Sharon
    Scribe of Camelot

3. David South says:

Dear Lady Sharon,
    Oh! how wonderful it would be, to be able to walk again with little or no pain. As soon as the ground starts to rise, I am in pain. My legs are as good as any spirit level. Any information would be brilliant, especially if that information could mean that consultants decide that arteries in my legs could be partly or wholly cleared.
    I hope “Camelot can journey successfully with me to a much less painful life”
    Ps I am 73 years of age
    Thank David.

4. William Wells says:

Can you please tell me if this device has been approved for use in hospitals in Canada or if it is available by special permission ?
    If so can you tell me what hospitals in Canada would be trained in the use of the technology.

Thanks
    William

5. sadie Dee says:

HI.. IVE BEEN SERACHING FOR MONTHS TO FIND OUT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS NEW DEVICE CALLED THE CROSSER CATHEATER, AS MY MUM HAS PROBLEMS WITH BOTH HER LEGS AND IS FINDING IT HARDER TO WALK WITH EACH PASSING DAY,
    SHE HAS CHRONIC TOTAL OCCLUSIONS, PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION AS TO WHERE MY MUM COULD HAVE THIS PROCEDURE IN THE UK OR CAN WE PAY TO HAVE IT DONE PRIVATELY, AND IF SO WHERE.
    IM SOOO HAPPY IVE FOUND KNIGHS OF THE PAIN TABLE.
    SINCERELY
    IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROCEDURE PLEASE COULD THEY TELL ME HOW IT WAS FOR THEM AND IF THEY FEEL ANY BETTER.
    GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHOS IN PAIN…

6. Lady Sharon says:

Welcome Sadie,

I thank thee for stopping by Camelot and sharing your question. I did email you the information that I could find. I hope that there was some useful direction in the email. I pray that your Mother can have the procedure and once more feel well.

I thank thee also for thy blessings. If you did not receive the email please let me know.

With thoughts and prayers from Camelot,
    Lady Sharon